Wednesday, August 22, 2012

U of U Rehab

Sam was evaluated by someone from the University of Utah rehab unit today. My mom said they were amazing! She said the lady who visited was so fantastic. She was so positive and honest with Sam. She told her that it would be hard and there would be terrible days, but that they were going to help her and that she could make amazing progress. She said that it will be like a full time job. She will be out of her room all day until four, working and doing therapy. She said that Sam will make be with other patients and will become friends with the people she is working with. There is an entire team for neuro rehab and she said that the work is the main doctor's passion. My mom and Sam both loved her. It made my mom really excited for Sam to get started.  I know she will be amazing in rehab. She is an athlete and knows how to work hard to get better. I can't wait for her to get started!
She will probably be transferred sometime this week. Medically she is doing really well. She hasn't been on oxygen all day and her other vital signs are completely stable. She still has a lot of pain at times, but that will still be a problem for a while and won't prevent her from going to rehab.
So many miracles are happening for my amazing sister. I am so happy she is progressing and getting ready to move to the next level of care. Thanks again to everyone for their love and support. Your kindness and generosity is truly being appreciated. We are overwhelmed with how kind people have been. Thanks and we love you all!

4 comments:

  1. That is great! What a blessing to have such great people to help her in her journey to recovery! I'm so happy for you guys! It can only get better from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! We are coming up to Salt Lake later next week...can she have visitors?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she will be able to have visitors. Text me the day you are coming up and I will let you know for sure!

      Delete
  3. I don't know Sam but live in Mona and of course heard about the accident and Sam's recovery. I am so touched by her positive attitude and upbeat spirit. How easy it would be to be so upset but she is truly and example to all those going through difficult times. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete