Saturday, August 18, 2012

She's Got the Feelin!


If you’ve read Samantha’s story then you can imagine the roller coaster ride that everyone has been through in the past few days. My name is Jordan, and I am her older (and only) brother. I had the opportunity to be at the hospital the moment Samantha was brought in by life flight, and Cindy (my wife) and I walked with her into the hospital and talked with her the whole way. It was the hardest day of my life, as well as for my family. There were a lot of fears for our Samantha, and all we could do was pray for everything to work out okay.

Thankfully, things have been going well considering the situation she’s in. She is the fighter of the family, and I don’t know of anyone stronger than her. She keeps improving daily and in some way lifts all of us when she is the one who is down. Every day she makes me, and everyone that visits, laugh about something. I keep hoping to bump into a “Tim” at the hospital who apparently Samantha thinks is hot stuff. She is an amazing young woman.

So to give an update about what is going down:

Samantha had a little trouble breathing last night and had a bipap (oxygen mask) placed over her mouth. She can breath on her own, this just opens her lungs a little bit more for her so she can relax about trying to breath deeply all of the time and get more oxygen in her. Her swelling has been going down and her black eye (aka LSU eye) looks much better.

She made my day again today when she did her exercises. I was out of the room talking to Grandma Guillory and when I got back Cindy told me she had done some exercises with her arms and that she was doing really well. The part that made me most excited was that when they were checking for feeling she has some in her feet and toes. These little steps give us so much hope. We know that she has a lot of work ahead of her, but according to her schedule she’s gonna do everything she wants as quickly as she wants to do it. She is awesome. Period.

Sam gave me permission to post this pic because she looks like bane with her mask on:
We love Samantha!

13 comments:

  1. I knew it!!!! :) Love you Sam!! Cousin Daniell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continually grateful for answered prayers! Heavenly Father is so good. Sam is just amazing and I am so happy to know that she is fighting as hard as she can. Sammy, you are an absolutely wonderful young woman and you have such a journey ahead of you. I know you may ask "why?" at times (I think all of us are asking that right about now), but I promise as you rely on our Father in Heaven and remain faithful and true, you'll never feel abandoned. We love you and we're here for you. Go get 'em, tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I love that girl! Thanks for this post brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam you are amazing! We are praying and rooting for you here in Colorado. We wish we were closer. Keep being stubborn-you can do anything you put your mind to we have no doubt! We love you!

    Love Robert, Kari and Dax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog Jordan. This will be a great way to keep up with Sam and her progress! Feet and Toes.....Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys for sharing! We are praying for Sam and your family! We love you all and are amazed at your strength!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the update Jordan! That is so exciting that she has some feeling in her feet and toes. We love you all so much and are continually praying for Sam and your whole family. I'm hoping I can visit her next Friday. We will just be in Provo Friday and Sunday for Adam's farewell so I'm hopeful that by then she can have some visitors and I'll get to see all of you. You are all so strong and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the update Jordan! I'm so excited for the progress she is making! She is so strong and amazing and so are the rest of you Guillorys! She couldn't have a better family to rally around and support her through all of this. I love you guys tons! I'm hoping she can have visitors next Friday. We will be in town for Adam's Farewell on Sunday and I would love to see her. We will all keep Sam and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please tell you Mom how much I love her and that I am praying for her, Sam and all of your family. It was wonderful to see Sam at Kellsi's wedding and see what a beautiful young lady she has become. She was just a baby when you moved from West Jordan. Thank you for setting up the blog so that all who love your family can follow her recovery. There is such strength in our combined prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you know of all the love & prayers being sent your way!! There's no one I know as strong (yes stubborn) as Samantha Fay...if it's possible, she will make it happen!! Miracles have & will continue to happen!! Love to you all!! The Hansen's

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can only add to what already has been said...the amount of prayers and love that is being directed towards the Guillory family is enormous!!!! This whole experience you are allowing us to share with you through this blog is such a testimony to prayers, miracles and faith :) and we all know that the strength and stubbornness little Samantha Fay has is what will get her through this ;)
    Love- JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moose, you rock. The entire Guillory family is an AMAZING group of people. Love, prayers and best wishes to all of you!

    ReplyDelete