Monday, August 20, 2012

Sam's Room

The night of the accident I could not sleep and I started to read my scriptures. I just opened them randomly to Moroni chapter 7. The entire chapter is wonderful, but verse 22 really hit me- "For behold, God knowing all thing, being from everlasting to everlasting, behold, he sent angels to minister unto the children of men, to make manifest concerning the coming of Christ; and in Christ there should come every good thing." The spirit let me know that angels were indeed with Samantha. I truly believe this. The feeling in her hospital room is so sacred. There is an obvious difference when going from the hallway into her room. She is truly being watched over and protected. Her stake president came to visit and when he left he hugged me and said, "There are good things happening in that room." I think what makes it possible for the spirit to be so strong is Sam. She is so good. She is not angry or bitter. She told my mom she was a little bit sad, but definitely not mad. How amazing is she. I always knew Sam was great, but I did not realize how truly strong her spirit is. I am so thankful that she is allowing the spirit to comfort and strengthen her so we can all feel it as well. I am so thankful for a loving and caring Heavenly Father who is helping all of us through this.

11 comments:

  1. I ran across this quote today, not even looking for it, but it seems so appropriate so I thought I'd share.
    "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called children of God... And it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our father and mother in Heaven." Orson F. Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more about feeling the spirit so strong in Sam's room. & connie, that's a beautiful quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Sam very well but I want you to know that she and the entire family are continually in our prayers. Thank you for keeping us all posted on her and we will continue to pray for more improvements! May God be with and bless you all during this trying time in your lives!!
    Heather Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know Sam very well but I want you to know that she and the entire family are continually in our prayers. Thank you for keeping us all posted on her and we will continue to pray for more improvements! May God be with and bless you all during this trying time in your lives!!
    Heather Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog on facebook but I had heard of Sam's accident from my mom who is in the same ward as her aunt. Anyway, I grew up 30 miles from Nephi (Lynndyl) and I broke my neck (C5 & C6) in a diving accident when I was 15. I also had C5-7 fused and was in UVRMC for 3 or 4 weeks.

    I just want to encourage Sam and the family to keep going. It is hard work and my feeling and movement didn't all come back for months (even now I have weakness in my arms).

    If she ever needs some support from someone who has been there, I would love to stop by.

    God bless,

    Kelli Rich
    kellinielson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear she is keeping her spirits up!! We hope that she continues to improve! Tell her to keep her chin up and her attitude positive! Our prayers are with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly believe that there are angels with Sam. You are all in my prayers. It is obvious that Sam is a very special soul and I feel in my heart that she will experience healing far beyond what "medicine" may expect. May the Lord continue to bless you in each and every step of this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell her she is in my prayers as well as my families!! I SURE LOVE YOU SAMUEL! :))
    <3 Kena... oh ya. and tell her to "save it for the dance"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell her she is in my prayers as well as my families!! I SURE LOVE YOU SAMUEL!!!! :))
    <3 Kena.... oh ya. and tell her to "save it for the dance" haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. To all of you...Sam, family, friends...GOD is real and it's so apparent in this situation. I am just seeing the blog and loving it bc of the updates, the inspiration, faith, & courage it gives all of us! We love you guys! We are praying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To Sam, all the family, and friends...what a TRUE testament that GOD provides miracles. I love the blog- the updates, the pictures, but best of all the support and inspiration it provides for everyone! May the faith stay STRONG as SAM is! Prayer for you everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete