Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sam has been kicking it lately!  She has been eating and drinking better.  Her attitude has been excellent.  Sam's cough is getting pretty close to normal. Its really enjoyable to sleep through the night when I stay with her. The other night she spent a couple of hours on facebook, without assistance from anyone, and did some texting.  Last night she had a Yankees' game on the iPad and the food network on the tv.  She also had dinner from Cafe Rio.  I've  always known Sam could do anything but she is always surprising me. I think as she sees herself getting better it motivates her to do even more. We are impatient parents and Sam has acquired that trait. She wants to be better now, but she is also realistic. She lets us know how she wants her treatments to go. A few days ago therapy took her up to the Huntsman Cancer Institute for lunch. They have two great restaurants on the top floor everyone needs to try. Sam fed herself lunch. She even held her own glass as she drank her juice. She thought it was great to get out of the hospital for a little while. Last weekend I grilled some steaks in the patio area of the hospital while we watched LSU. Sam really enjoyed that day. Today they are taking her to the City Creek Center.  They want her to do at least one thing away from the hospital each week. She gets around well in her electric wheelchair but told me she wants a manual wheelchair so she can keep improving her strength.  Shes incredible.  I want to thank everyone who visits her. It lifts her spirits so much. For me,  I appreciate our friends who just listen to us vent our frustrations with this situation. Its been great therapy for us.  We have such awesome friends and family. Keep praying for my Sam. We love you all.

4 comments:

  1. that is all wonderful news! miss you guys, see you sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is wonderful. I am so excited to hear about her improvement. Love you all and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda Guillory CortezOctober 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

    I have been praying for You Sam.

    ReplyDelete