Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sorry it has been so long since an update! Life is so busy and I just haven't had the time to update. Sam has had a great week. Last weekend some of her friends came up to visit to celebrate homecoming. They stayed for a long visit and Sam had such a great time with them! We are always so thankful when her friends come and make her happy. That night my parents and my little family joined Sam to watch the BYU/UTAH game. It was a lot of fun! Sam even had a bite of pizza that night. And the best part of the night is that UTAH WON!!! (Sam really doesn't care that much, but I do and I am updating so I get to be excited about it :) Sam had a lot of other visitors Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and she just really loves that-so thanks to everyone who comes to visit! We know it isn't convenient, but it means so much to all of us.
I spent some time with Sam today and she is just amazing! She is getting more independent every day. Her arm movement is really great. She is so much more controlled and strong  in her arm movement. She is able to drive her wheelchair independently. The last couple of days she has fed herself breakfast and can hold a cup and give herself a drink of water. She even put her deodorant on by herself! She really is improving so much each day.
Janel, one of the case managers, said to my mom, "Sam is taking this to the next level. She is amazing!" We have to agree. She is working so hard and has such an amazing attitude. Anyone who has visited knows how good her attitude is. She is able to joke and really just be herself. She is so selfless. My dad has been working all week so my mom has stayed the night (she usually does, but my dad is usually here to take a turn as well). Sam asked my mom when my dad was coming back up and when my mom said Friday, Sam said, "Good. You really need a good night sleep." She is just so kind and thoughtful.
My dad talked about the newspaper journalist in his last post. Amy Donaldson, a prep sports writer, met with Sam on Tuesday. Sam said she was really great. She did a very in-depth interview with Sam about everything from the accident to her recovery. They took lots of pictures of Sam in her room and at therapy. We don't know when the story will be in the paper, but I will let you know when we know! Sam is truly an inspiration and I hope that her story can touch the lives of many.
We continue to be amazed at the many miracles happening in Sam's behalf. It seems that every day there is something new that has happened that can only be explained as a miracle. I am so thankful to know of the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that not only did he suffer for our sins, but our pain and trials as well. I know that he has felt the pain and frustration that Sam is feeling and that with his help she can overcome anything. I am so thankful for him. Please continue to keep Sam in your prayers. She is doing so well, but still has a long way to go!
Now, here are a few pictures from last weekend! (I should probably mention I stole these pictures from Sam's friends Facebook pages! But, Sam wanted me to so I figure they will be okay with that!)

Sam and Gavin watching the game :) He loves Sam!

Photo: My best friend!
Sam and Mil

Photo: Best homecoming date ever!(:
Mil, Kennedy, Nicole, Shandee, and Sam

Photo: My homecoming date > yours. <3
Sam and Ken

Photo: My homecoming date :) such a fun time with her!
Sam and Shandee

Photo: pretty much spending all day with this gorgeous girl was amazing<3
Sam and Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment