Saturday, September 8, 2012

Shake it for Sam!

Shake it for Sam was Thursday and it was amazing! A good friend of our family, Marci Blackett Rasch, organized this event. We had a black light Zumba party, a silent auction, and a bake sale. Over $3000 was raised! It was so much fun! I was worried that not a lot of people would come, but as I drove up I was amazed at how many people were already there. And people just kept coming! We had a full gym of people shakin' it for Sam! So many people donated prizes. I am just so overwhelmed with gratitude for everyone's kindness and generosity! It was such an amazing night and I was just so happy that so many people were there supporting my sister.
We were able to skype for a little bit with Sam and she was amazed! Earlier that day she had had a hard time wanting to eat. My mom gave her a little talk about needing to eat. Then she watched everyone dancing for her and my mom said it seemed to just give her the boost she needed. She ate the most food at one time that she has since the accident! I think we all tell her that she has a lot of support, but actually being able to see the support really boosted her spirits!



The whole group! I showed Sam this picture last night and she said, "Who are all of those people?" I told her it was everyone who came. She was in awe! She couldn't believe there were so many people there!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all these people listed! And everyone who came!


Our Fabulous Instructors!


Thanks so much to everyone involved with this amazing event! We cannot thank you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment