Friday, October 12, 2012

Sam's Fund Run!

Monday night was Sam's Fund Run! It was such an amazing event! Right after the accident my mom told her friends that she did not want them to do a run or any type of fundraiser. But, luckily they convinced her it was a good idea! It was definitely a wonderful night. When they first decided to do the race I hoped that a couple of hundred people would come. We ended up having over 600 people come! I just could not believe the amount of support showed to our family and Sam. Seeing all of those people take time out of their busy lives to run in Sam's behalf was just overwhelming.

Some of the 5k runners on their way back!

The 1 mile walk/run

My mom hugging friends

Kaitlin and Kellsi

More visiting with friends


The amazing race crew!

Starting line!

Dinner

My boys and me

Bake Sale Crew!

Sam's Friends

My mom and her amazing friends! Connie, Tammy M., Tammy B., Ann, and Sue Ann
(Thanks to our good friends the Wickels for the pictures! They have more so I will post those when I get the disc!)

The night was so much fun! Everything was so organized-it was one of the most organized races I have ever been too! In addition to the race there was a raffle with many great prizes, a hot dog dinner, and a bake sale. It was seriously the best! My mom seriously has the most fantastic friends. They are so giving and so talented. We just love and appreciate them so much! Thanks so much to them and to everyone who came and made it a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment