Thursday, October 4, 2012

FUN!

Today with Sam was so much fun! For her activity away from the hospital we went to City Creek. Sam had not been yet so I was excited for her to get to today. She loved it! She was in great spirits and we had fun looking in a few stores. She jokingly said to me, "I broke my neck so I can get whatever I want!" I told her that if she is saying that she better head to Tiffany and Co. So, we headed that way because if you are there you have to check out the bling! My aunt Bobbie sent Sam some money and told her to buy something for herself with it. So, Sam did some shopping and ended up getting a bracelet at Tiffany's! It is so pretty and she just absolutely loves it! It was honestly so much fun watching her get excited about something. She tried on several different necklaces and bracelets and we were in there for a while.She finally decided on a bracelet with an infinity charm in the middle. It is beautiful! I must admit I am a little jealous she has that little blue box!
She is doing so well this week! She has started learning how to use a manual wheelchair. She did so well in the first session with it that her therapist ordered Sam's own chair so she will have it when she goes home. Sam said she wanted to go home with a manual chair and she has worked hard and it is going to happen! I am so proud of how hard she works everyday. Her strength and determination are most definitely in her favor throughout all of this.
She is also doing really well with her hand and arm movement. Her finger movement in her right is really so great. Her left is slower, but it is definitely improving. She is able to feed herself and I think that has helped her want to eat more. She is also starting to get an appetite back. She was craving a soft pretzel today, but City Creek doesn't have a pretzel place. So, after our shopping I headed to Fashion Place and got her some pretzel bites with cheese. She ate almost all of it!
Her lower body continues to be slow, but she has started feeling some tingling behind her right leg. She is also able to feel more in her abdomen. She has just felt pressure, but she is feeling more specific touch.
Thank you all again for your continued love and support. When this first happened and we felt the power of prayer so strongly, my mom said, "What if people stop praying?" I am so thankful that we have such an amazing support system who hasn't stopped! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I receive messages frequently saying Sam is being prayed for and we continue to feel those prayers.
My mom's amazing running friends have organized a 5k which is this coming Monday! I am so excited for it. Around 500 people have registered which is just incredible to me! Thank you to those who organized it and to all who are participating! We will see you all on Monday!
Sam with her new bracelet!

The little blue bag!

This was from last week at Jackson's superhero party! I made everyone take a picture with the weight. Sam said, "It is actually kind of heavy for me." But then she lifted it and did a few curls with it! So strong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment