Friday, November 9, 2012

LONG Overdue Post!

Sorry I have not posted in such a long time. Life is just busy! Sam is doing well. She has been home for a little over two weeks. It has definitely been an adjustment, but overall things have been good. She likes being in her own space and being close to her friends. Her friends have been absolutely wonderful! They visit frequently and make sure to include her in their fun. Last weekend her friend Nicole asked her on a Sadie's date :) They had a lot of fun!
There have been some hard times. I think being in her normal environment, but with everything different has been a challenge. But, she continues to have a great attitude the majority of the time. She had a difficult day this week. She had a break down and my gave her a little pep talk. She quickly got into a better mood. I know it is so hard, but she is really trying to be upbeat about everything.
Yesterday she had a great day! She was at therapy at the U and she transferred herself from the bed to the wheelchair independently! Sam said that my mom and her therapist cried. I asked if she cried and she said (sarcastically as usual), "No, I was tough and held it in." Then she also was able to throw a ball about 15 feet. She hasn't been able to throw because she couldn't get her fingers to open to release the ball. She was really excited about this! She told me it really was a great day!
I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father continues to be with her. She had a difficult day and then the next day was one of her best! He is always there if we will just ask for his help. Sam is such an example to me of faith. She is able to have a great attitude because of her great outlook on things. I am so proud of the amazing girl that she is proving to be.
I will try to be better at updating! Please keep the prayers coming-she still has a long way to go!

Nicole and Sam on their "date" :)

They ran into their other friends who were actually on dates

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the updates Mariah! I am so grateful to know how Sam is doing and to see her progress. We pray for her daily and I am so impressed that even my young children never forget her or Adam in their prayers. We love you guys so much and we are continually impressed by Sam and your family. You are all so positive and upbeat and it is such a great example to all of us.

    ReplyDelete